1. Which of the following is an intrahepatic cause of jaundice?
d. pancreatic cancer
e. bile duct cancer
2. Which of the following is produced by the beta cells of the Iselt of Langerhans?
3. Which od the following is the most abundant extracellular cation?
4. Some drugs require monitoring of concentration levels. Which of the following is an anti-convulant used in epilepsy?
5. Which of the following statements is true?
a. PSA concentration is low in prostate cancer
b. elevated tumour markers are aoways diagnostic of cancer
c. tumour markers can be used to monitor treatment reponse
d. CA19-9 concentration is typically elevated in breast cancer
e. no tumour marker is available for ovarian cancer
6. Which of the following is not a pre-analytical error?
a. incorrect patient bled
b. incorrect sample tube type used
c. incorrect test requested
d. incorrect result recorded in notes
e. incorrect transport temperature
7. Which statement regarding acute complications of diabetes mellitus is true?
a. diabetic ketoacidosis requires treatment with intravenous insulin and fluids
b. hypoglycaemia occurs due to lack of insulin
c. hyperosmolar hyperglycaemic state is commonly seen in type 1 diabetes mellitus
d. the brain is unaffected by hypoglycaemia
e. diabetic kidney disease occurs quickly over a few weeks